Dorset Gingerbread House Contest and Tour 2015
Create a vision of holiday magic and cheer for the Dorset holiday season.
The Dorset Chamber is proud to sponsor our first Gingerbread House Contest and Tour. Ali, from H.N. Williams, came to us with this great idea to celebrate the holiday season as a community.
The 2015 Dorset Gingerbread House Contest & Tour is underway at the following locations! (registration for 2015 is closed)
H.N. Williams, JK Adams, Long Trail School, Dorset Inn, Barrows House, Flowerbrook Pottery, 3 Pears Gallery, Church St. and Berkshire Bank on Church St.
“Take a Selfie with a Gingerbread House” Contest
Take your selfie picture with any of the Gingerbread Houses on the tour and post the our facebook page! You could win a gift certificate to H.N. Williams!
We are inviting local Dorset businesses and amateurs from the surrounding areas to participate in the contest by making a gingerbread house. Prizes will be awarded in the Professional and Amateur Categories. We will be displaying our village of Gingerbread Houses throughout Dorset businesses during the holiday season.
Dorset Gingerbread House Contest Rules and Details
- All Items must be EDIBLE (except for a cardboard base). This is a Gingerbread House Contest after all.
- The base may not exceed 24” l x 24”w. Structure no higher than 18”h.
- All participants must sign up by November 12, 2015. Please email entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off form to Dawn at Berkshire Bank-Dorset branch. Entry forms are available at H.N. Williams, JK Adams and Berkshire Bank in Dorset.
- All Gingerbread Houses must be brought to their assigned location by November 20, 2015. Participants will receive an email letting them know their business location for drop off.
- Houses will be displayed from November 22, 2015- January 5, 2016.
- Judging will be on December 7, 2015.
GRAND PRIZE $250 cash prize for both the professional and amateur categories.
How to Enter the Contest!
CLICK HERE for the entry form that you can print, mail or drop off at the Dorset VT Village branch of Berkshire Bank.
Or you can fill out the online form below with the following information:
1. In the ‘Subject’ box put ‘Gingerbread House Contest’
Then, in the message box please include the following information:
2. Business, Organization or School name if applicable.
3. Your Gingerbread House name.
4. Your address and Phone number.
5. Are you a Pro (Chefs, Bakers, Caterers, Businesses and Artists) or an Amateur?
6. Are you a Dorset Chamber Member?