Celebrating Mom in Dorset
Apr 29 2023 • Latest News
Mother’s Day is right around the corner; make plans now to celebrate Mom in Dorset this year. Below are just a few ideas of how to make the weekend special while supporting local businesses and our community. Happy Mother’s Day!
Flowers & Sweets
- Shower mom with flowers this year from Mettowee Mint. They not only have the best selection around, they also sell gourmet chocolate bars, perfect for the mom with the sweet tooth.
- For more sweets try the Dorset Bakery. Cakes, cookies and tortes!
- Sweet and locally grown? Try Dorset Maple Reserve for artisanal maple syrup perfect for cocktails and cooking.
- Check out the beautiful dahlia bulbs available from East Dorset’s Fleur Farm. Simply gorgeous!
- Jaymie Bakes is the perfect place for fresh baked goods and sweets – ready to be picked up and brought home (breakfast in bed anyone?).
Brunch & Dinner
- Start the day off with Mother’s Day brunch at the Dorset Inn from 11am-2pm.
- Treat mom to a cocktail at the Barrows House on their outside patio and then enjoy Mother’s Day dinner from 4pm-8pm.
- Enjoy the first outdoor Dorset Farmers Market of the season at H.N. Williams, Sunday, May 14 from 10am-2pm.
- Surprise mom with tickets to a Dorset Theatre Festival show. Tickets on sale now for the summer!
- Take mom thrifting! Have fun and search for treasure at the Dorst Exchange Consignment Gallery.
- Let mom relax with a massage from Healing Heart.
- Celebrate Mom early with nachos, tacos and churros at the Dorset Union Store‘s Cinco de Mayo celebration, May 5 & 6 from 11am – 1pm.
- Mom will love one of the handcrafted gifts, glass, pottery and jewelry from 3 Pears Gallery.
- Dorset Daughters Skincare – soaps, lotions and more. Find it online and in several local shops.
- Red, white or rosé? Let mom decide at the Dorset Union Store’s newly renovated wine room.
- New shoes, a garden shovel or a Dorset, VT shirt? H.N. Williams has all that and more.
- Find gourmet condiments, jellies and jams plus locally made cutting boards and all your kitchen needs at J.K. Adams.